From NPR:

The Trump administration is tightening the rules for companies that contract out high-skilled workers who are in this country on H-1B visas.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency issued a new policy memo on Thursday that requires "detailed statements of work or work orders" about the work that will be performed when an H-1B visa worker is employed at a third-party work site. Employers will have to file more details that support the need for foreign talent.

H-1B visas are controversial. American tech companies use them to hire highly skilled foreign workers, such as engineers, IT specialists, architects among others, in situations in which they say there is a shortage of U.S.-born talent. The visas are good for three years and renewable for another three-year term.

Critics of the visas — 85,000 of which are issued every year — say American workers are aced out of competition with workers who can be paid less.

As CNN reports, "Indian outsourcing firms will be the hardest hit. Indian workers receive more than 70% of all H-1B visas."

Posted in:   Tags:

United States H1B_Moron
March 4. 2018 08:27
H1B_Moron

that's great that the government is acting on this now, but it's truly the proverbial "closing the barn door after the horse gets out".  Today, what was once a thriving middle class profession, has been so decimated by over 15 years of drowning in cheap stupid curry, that the new equilibrium is that of the lowest standards and wages and quality.  It's not even about fixing getting back to what was, today the new norm is cheap know-it-all Millennial morons straight out of 6-month hacker school being "CTO's" and you can only get a job if you can prove that you can do a Fizz-Buzz test in the latest hipster programming language.  Thanks to companies and our government turning IT in a ditch-digging-type profession, I think that's what everyone in this business has to look forward to until they can either retire or finally find a way out of it completely.  Perhaps that's the ultimate revenge on the H1B job robbing trash: their kind now being threatened by an even dumber and cheaper form of IT labor, and one that is homegrown to boot. Unfortunately, the "cure" ends up killing the patient. One wonders what comes next, high school interns, inmate IT labor.  IT has been completely Walmart-ized, and there's no floor in the race to the bottom.

March 5. 2018 07:43

When I see them all arrested and deported, then I'll cheer.

And it's probably already too late as we have already let tens of millions of the looters in and they have settled down.

Anything other than full military roundup is too little too late.

United States Mr. X
March 6. 2018 03:58
Mr. X

H1B Visa Holder Deported - Port of Entry Due to Fake Resume on iPhone
Old news, but still funny. The indian student can barely put together a long english sentence that makes sense, but he was stealing an american job.

United States MAGA
March 6. 2018 10:04
MAGA

Workers are just means to an end for corporations. Apple is moving their cloud data to China. Good luck with retaining anything in the US with such a trend.

United States indian american
March 7. 2018 09:37
indian american

Let me say this:  we Indians know the score.  Don't think we are all stupid.

We KNOW that you guys cower from the negroes, and that you work your entire lives to shelter, feed, and take care of them, even while they murder you.
We KNOW that the Jews completely control your media and financial system, and are stealing trillions and trillions of dollars.

What, did you think we respect you crackers, a race of slaves?  A slave race, like white Americans, is only good to be colonized.  We are here to extract and extract, we will not let up, we will never let up.

You are only replaceable economic units to us, alarm clock punching and taxpaying donkeys.  We have no respect for you.  We do respect the Mexicans and Chinese, those guys have pride and culture.  You crackers can play video games, perform gigs in crummy dive bars, and suck negro cock the rest of your lives for all we care.

You may have one a battle with Trump, but you are losing the war.  The long demographic and economic war that ends with your demise, your replacement.

United States Seeing Things
March 10. 2018 09:35
Seeing Things

The big thing will be the huge numbers of H1b's already here who won't go home, the ones who brought their families over and had children here and the ones who have green cards and many even citizenship. These are the ones now trying to manage IT departments and doing a miserable job of it - while still giving preferment to their own compatriots. I'm afraid we won't be seeing them leave.

March 13. 2018 09:00

Here is the perfect example of how India's NASSCOM uses paid PR "news" stories to scam the US media.

www.cnn.com/.../index.html

Too bad this clown didn't invent the tech claimed. It was invented in Japan years ago:

www.3ders.org/.../...e-mass-produced-in-japan.html

His "startup" will take loads of US capital, employ only foreign workers, who will send the remittances (our money) right back to their own countries, then in 3 years it will close up shop and never be seen again.

We will be out our $ and the company of course will never produce anything or provide jobs for any Americans.

India's mass-remittance scamming under H-1B continues unabated...

United States patriot
March 13. 2018 11:41
patriot

Indeed I am afraid short of US military wide deportation of the millions of frauds here illegally and on H1b and green cards, not much will happen. Like a worm in an apple, they have tunneled their way into corporations, set up thousands of India Incs and have kids in this country. PLUS many new companies are completely H1b Indian infested and run by slumdogs.

For example:

Plus big corps like Google and Microsoft have slumdog CEOs running them into the ground. Americans are sold out and screwed.

United States Mr. X
March 13. 2018 13:00
Mr. X

Very interesting comments in this blog, on what indians do when they infiltrate the higher ranks of a corporation:
robertlindsay.wordpress.com/.../

Nothing short of a methodic takeover. Once a company is infected with this virus, there is little you can legally do about it.

March 14. 2018 20:36

Here is what will happen to your company once you fill it up with slumdogs

www.yahoo.com/.../...urvey-110548507--finance.html

March 14. 2018 21:05

Without white "crackers" Indians would not have jobs. Nor would Chinese.

Nor would most Mexicans.

Yet Indians are still arrogant, abusive, boastful, and jealous.

Not to mention angry.

It's not "crackers'" fault that Indians are too dumb to create anything or so dumb that they licked Russia's failed communist boots for 65 years which destroyed their economy.

No wonder their IQ is 82 on average.

Indians are the dumbest people in the 3rd world.

Respect anyone you want but India is the world's poster boy for a failed country.

March 15. 2018 01:17

Here is what happens to companies who hire Indians.

United States ScammersGoHome
March 16. 2018 00:33
ScammersGoHome

I only got as far as this:

"Let me say this:  we Indians know the score.  Don't think we are all stupid."

Once I saw "we Indians" I skipped the rest of the post. Indians, yes we know you are cunning as snakes and you have slithered your way into our country and consumed most of the jobs in what once was a legitimate profession. Your culture makes you sneaky and devious. So what? I for one am not interested in your opinions. You don't have a vote. I don't read your crap posts. I only read the ones from non-Indians.

United States ScammersGoHome
March 16. 2018 02:20
ScammersGoHome

Good points, H1b_Moron:

1. "that the new equilibrium is that of the lowest standards and wages and quality."

Yes, I saw someone on the other side admitting publicly that as long as the IT service was adequate, he was fine with it. These non-IT types don't see the re-work required to fix Indians' botched projects. It's impossible to do the same project as a double-blind study, using two project teams, one American and one Indian, and then present a cost comparison over time. Plus, Indian liars could pontificate about all the extenuating circumstances that caused their costs to be higher. So there is no way to objectively prove to the bean counters the wisdom of spending the money once to do it right.

2. "Perhaps that's the ultimate revenge on the H1B job robbing trash: their kind now being threatened by an even dumber and cheaper form of IT labor, and one that is homegrown to boot."

I truly hope AI results in them returning to their traditional professions - working in hourly motels or in convenience markets, taxi drivers, etc. Or better yet maybe they will give up the USA and go back to their cows in India.

United States ScammersGoHome
March 16. 2018 02:32
ScammersGoHome

James,

"And I can guarantee you if this went on in India or China, that is what would happen."

A military round-up (handcuffs, transportation from the job site directly to the airport, bound for Delhi (then let them figure out how they will get home from there)) would be so satisfying.

United States ScammersGoHome
March 16. 2018 02:39
ScammersGoHome

One of my favorite Indian tricks is the way they prefer meetings to email. They can better hide their lack of English ability in a phone call or in a face-to-face meeting.

How many times have I asked an Indian some question in an email, only to have them counter by asking for a meeting to discuss it instead of answering in writing. Then once in the meeting, they wait for an American to verbally describe the matter clearly, hoping that all they will have to say is 'yes' or 'no'.

March 16. 2018 05:17

Another prime example of the "startup" fraud Indian looters perp on the unsuspecting US public

www.breitbart.com/.../

The CEO of blood-testing company Theranos, Elizabeth Holmes, has been charged alongside the company’s former President Ramesh Balwani with “elaborate, years-long fraud” by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

March 18. 2018 02:26

This blog pretty much says it all

ebconsularprocessing.blogspot.com/.../...ring.html

March 18. 2018 20:25

Do slumdogs do anything except lie cheat and steal?

Brosnan says Indian company 'cheated' him over mouth freshener ads

economictimes.indiatimes.com/.../63334332.cms

March 18. 2018 21:18

Here is why India will never conquer anything.

Indian Programmers Destroying UK Software Industry

robertlindsay.wordpress.com/.../

United States patriot
March 20. 2018 02:18
patriot

Here is what no Indian can answer:

Why is it that you cannot just stay home in your own country, create your own technology and industry and fix the rot and corruption in your own nation and let Americans do the same?

They will yell racist and complain.

United States ScammersGoHome
March 20. 2018 09:24
ScammersGoHome

I just found about a very promising group. They buy ads like this in American subway systems:

----------------------------------------------------------
US TECH WORKERS!
Your companies think you are

EXPENSIVE, UNDESERVING & EXPENDABLE

Congress, fix the H-1b law so that companies must

Seek and Hire U.S. Workers!

www.ustechworkers.com
----------------------------------------------------------

Bravo!!

Anybody heard of them?

Whoever they are, I think they deserve our support. For those of us who are still working (after beating the deck that's stacked against Americans) and can afford to help the cause, it looks like a good organization. They've already spent their own cash on the ads so that counts for a lot with me. I will be donating.

Tunnel Rat, you may wish to add their link to your "Links" section.

United States PolishKnightUSA
March 20. 2018 09:44
PolishKnightUSA

"Then once in the meeting, they wait for an American to verbally describe the matter clearly, hoping that all they will have to say is 'yes' or 'no'."

I learned how to counter this in several ways.  One way is to let them just blabber on for 20 minutes BSing their way and wait for them to finish and then simply ask my question again saying I don't understand how that answers my question.  Eventually they just give up and go away.  I don't handhold them anymore.  Why should I nurture a crocodile?

But it's not just lack of English skills but rather they seem to lack the basic thought processes of how to describe a problem or situation and achieve a solution or communicate a finding.  It's like the old "artificial intelligence" programs that would spit out words that sound similar to what some pattern match has a probability of being correct.

I did help one once where I asked him if their installer would put the software in place to start up on a reboot.  He babbled on for a good 10 minutes on a conference call with about 6 others present.  I didn't interrupt him to help him but just let him go on and on.  After going on for 6 full minutes and finally stopping, I did the deed: "Does that mean no?"

I could hear chuckling from the others on the phone.  Scam artist exposed.

But yes, simply pull an "Italian Strike"  Google the term.

United States PolishKnightUSA
March 20. 2018 09:52
PolishKnightUSA

This is a chat transcript at a former workplace with a master’s degree H-1b. Enjoy:

2:48: Hi Dave
GA
2:50: I’m on another call.
Is this a quick question?
2:50: yep
about pic
script was failing
2:51: So what is the quick question?
3:43: did u get a time for the /sbin/nologin script?
to check
since it was throwing error
3:44: No.
This is on hold.  I have a top initiative for today and yesterday.  Please leave it on hold for the next week at least.
thanks.
3:46: Jocelyn is asking the update to me or we need to go for an exception on this fix.
3:47: I will review this later.  Please send an email.
Thanks.

2:16: Hi Mark
Good Afternoon
2:18: I’m in a critical security meeting
2:19: ok. plz let me know once you are free
2:19: Can you please send email?
I have a critical task due and don’t have time to chat today.
2:20: I did.
2:20: Is this an emergency?
2:20: No.
2:20: Then I will address it along with other emails I am receiving.  Thank you.
2:22: Thanks.  Let me know anything to be need from my end.
2:23: I have to go.
2:23: BTW, how soon it can be address i have to inform to my manager?
2:23: I am in a meeting with security right now.  I am going.  Good bye.
2:24: sure.

I contacted his manager who mumbled on the phone and he said "Well, Sanjeev needs to get things done so I require him to chat with people until they give him the answers he needs."  I told him I would no longer answer Sanjeevs chats  if he refused to respect that I was in meetings and this angered him and I said he could bring this up with my manager if I liked.  He said he would.

I called my manager within 5 minutes and told him the story and he laughed.  Never heard from the guy or Sanjeev again.

I researched the manager on linkedin and got sick.  I graduated from some diploma mill in India that costs $200 a year with a bachelors.  Then went to some Ohio college (probably with in-state tuition or even taxpayer subsidized) and got a masters degree.  I have no idea how he got this.  Affirmative action?  This manager sounded even more dumb than Sanjeev.   Perhaps it's like what they do with college athletes who go to "basket weaving" classes to graduate while throwing footballs.

United States noslumdogs
March 21. 2018 14:51
noslumdogs

Wow PolishKnight,

That mirrors my experiences dealing with these curry scented vermin in the workplace. God forbid should you be cursed
with one as your boss. I have and had to use similar tactics to deal with them before leaving the company.

One slumdog actually called me in panic after my last contract ended and begged for help to which I told him no dice as he kept the job and I was let go and he should be competent enough to do the job without me there.

United States PolishKnightUSA
March 25. 2018 11:19
PolishKnightUSA

Hello noslumdogs.

If I was going to make a life about my workplace experiences, one classic scene would be when I was out of work for a year due to a problem with waiting on a notoriously slow hiring process.   I had severance and unemployment + savings (nothing makes one scrimp more than when working under these conditions and not wanting to be dependent on a day by day basis for money from cruel employers)  and was doing home repair projects, etc. but considering getting something to tide me over professionally.  Thankfully I wasn't desperate but many Americans told me they were panicking if they were in my situation and begged me to take anything.  This is why I try to "think different".  I don't like being subject to living in fear.

Nonetheless, I took two particular calls including one interview during this period regarding what God forbids:

One was a the rail service for a major metro region.  I prepped for the interview including some errors on their main website thinking I could help point out some troubleshooting value and I arrive and a nice caucasian guy escorts me downstairs to a basement office and...

he was the only American.  The group had  7 people, 6 Indian with the manager also Indian.  One was Sikh, another Muslim and the rest Telugu.

If I had known this going in, I wouldn't have taken the interview but what do I do now?  So I went through the motions and the manager was picking on stuff to exclude me (including I had been out of work for 6 months to that point for which I had an explanation).  Unsurprisingly, I didn't get the job.  Whenever I find errors in their scheduling app since then that seem to have appeared out of nowhere (it used to be rock solid), I wonder if it's them.  (Perhaps I should be grateful I got out of that basement alive.  I pity the poor remaining American...)

Next, I did research on a company that had a government contract and potential to get a clearance so my ears perked up.  Doing research I found it was Indian owned and a "woman owned" business to boot meaning that they got preferential treatment ahead of Americans.  I told the (caucasian) recruiter I was going to pass.  He asked why and I told him that I couldn't work for a company that enjoyed race preferences at the expense of American workers.  He didn't sound pleased to hear me say that and politely ended the conversation.  I couldn't work for them even if I got some advantage from it.  It would be like a Pole getting a job working (voluntarily) for German occupation to help improve their V-2 rocket program.

Anyhoo, happy ending in that about a month after that, I got the phone call that my dream job application had gone through after several months wait.

It's strange that these companies don't seem too concerned that their whole IT departments go to hell after they bring in the slumdogs.  It makes one question why I bothered to care about professionalism and doing a good job and saving the company money when such waste is tolerated.  Perhaps the curry bandits hit something we missed: In an environment when management ethics is darwinian in nature, then thievery is "professionalism".  If it's rank and yank, then it's back and stab.  Just go with the flow.  I fortunately am no longer in such an environment but looking back, I would have done things a lot differently at those places knowing what I know now.  Hopefully some others are catching on.