It looks like notorious slumdog bodyshop WiPro is set to destroy another American IT project. This one involves Baxter Healthcare. The idea of some slumdog getting near my medical data just makes me want go commit some workplace massacre at the nearest curry den.
Some insider has been sending around this urgent plea to Baxter's board:
Dear Board of Directors
I need to inform you about the travesty that is happening right now to Baxter's Enterprise Software infrastructure at the hands of WIPRO.
As the board of directors, you truly need to understand the devastating impact this will have on Baxter's customers and ESPECIALLY the impact that is about to happen for the US phase of the project that will go live in July of 2011.
1. Very limited technical knowledge - No understanding of the importance of the processes that they are working on, be it customer orders, home patient orders or invoicing and limited knowledge of the tools they are using.
2. No business knowledge whatsoever. - complete lack of understanding when it comes to how customers place orders, get the goods shipped and how they pay for orders.
3. Complete disregard for testing - They never test anything and even worse, when they make any changes, they never check that what they changed causes serious issues.
While there may be very competent Deloitte and Baxter employees checking what Wipro are doing, this is the biggest risk to the whole backbone of Baxter's Enterprise infrastructure and the longer this goes on the worse it gets.
4. All Wipro resources who worked on Canada will not be working on the US project - every single developer for Wipro that worked on the Canada project will NOT be working on the US project as they are being assigned to other projects . This goes to show the complete and utter lack of understanding by Wipro of everything that was learned from the Canada phase. All that knowledge will be lost.
5. Cardinal are trying to remove Wipro - check with Cardinal Healthcare who have already realized the damage of Wipro and are attempting to drastically reduce their dealings with them.
Based on fact 4 alone. You CAN sever ties with WIPRO and salvage the US project before it goes too far with Wipro, as they are going to be using all new people anyway.
Why not inform the CIO that you would like Wipro removed to prevent any further damage to this great company and protect any future impact to your customers and employees who will keep the proud name of Baxter from being tarnished any further by the fraudulent behavior of Wipro.
I urge you to prevent any further damage to this great company.
It looks like Cardinal Healthcare has already managed to kick the WiPro maggots out. Hopefully Baxter will do the same.
Here's a list of Baxter board members that need to be contacted:
- Albert P.L. Stroucken
- Blake E. Devitt
- Carole J. Shapazian
- Cheryl L. White
- Dr. James R. Gavin,III
- Dr. Joseph B. Martin,M.D.
- Dr. Norbert G. Riedel,PhD
- Dr. Wayne T. Hockmeyer
- PhD, Gail D. Foster
- James M. Gatling
- Jeanne K. Mason
- John D. Forsyth
- Joy A. Amundson
- Karenann K. Terrell
- Kornelis (Kees) J. Storm
- Michael J. Baughman
- Mr. Robert J. Hombach
- Peter J. Arduini
- Peter S. Hellman
- Scharf David P.
- Thomas T. Stallkamp
- Walter E. Boomer
Ironically, the last name on that list is none other than Marine General Boomer, my former boss in the first Gulf War. I'll have to reach out to him directly to get WiPro shitcanned (Marines stick together).
Now get busy, Insurgents. We all have to do our part to rid this country of the slumdog infestation.